Saturday, 28 January 2017

Lofte Living - Brick Arch Decor Set






This set has been a long time coming. When City Living was first announced I had an idea. That idea was to make a set that would allow me to recreate my dream apartments in San Myshuno with brick arches and that warehouse/brownstone feel. After arduous planning, meshing, then testing, they are finally ready to be shared with you all. These have become some of my favourite decor pieces to use in my builds as they work great inside and out giving a build depth and detail that prior to this was not possible in my game.


What you should know:

  • These do not move up and down walls. This was done for a design reason to limit the number of unique meshes I needed to make
  • The brick are all and only Maxis style
  • sometimes you may need to use MoveObjects to place these or object around them
  • Sims can pass through these to allow for archways and such.


The Build/Buy items feature:
  • basegame compatibility
  • Found in Wall Sculptures category of Buy Mode
  • 23 meshes in total with 33 styles each
  • Set of short, medium and high arches for pass-throughs in 2, 3 and 4 tile sizes in all 6 basegame styles
  • find items easily using phrase "Lofte" in search bar (try this tutorial to easily find my sets)
  • custom thumbnails
  • Style tool compatible
  • Pricing  and polycount as follows:
    - 1x1 decor wall segement (1/3 short wall height); $13, 48 polys
    - 1x2 decor wall segement (2/3 short wall height); $14, 48 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large decor outer corner; $15/16/17, 48/56/28 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large decor left and right columns; $15/16/17, 46/62/48 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large decor wall segment; $15/16/17, 16/56/28 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large decor 2 tile arch; $15/16/17, 366/416/402 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large decor 3 tile arch; $15/16/17, 470/518/502 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large decor 4 tile arch; $15/16/17, 538/586/572 polys

    - Short/Medium 2 tile archway; $150/175, 58 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large 3 tile archway; $155/180/205, 58 polys

    - Short/Medium/Large 4 tile archway; $160/185/210, 58 polys

CC credits:
All custom content apart from the curtains in picture 1(here) and picture 3 (here) is made by me, so please check my downloads to find it.

Now, there is one download link with the 6 objects combined in a merged file. There is no separated file this time because each peice is required for a full set. Extract the archive using winRAR or WinZip, place the package file(s) in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. I hope you enjoy.

Download Merged Collection:






14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are GREAT!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us!
    carmellia1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your windows, doors and arches, thank you for another wonderful set to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, that looks awesome! Thanks so much for making and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea! but whats about your own brick wall (re)coloures. would be great to have this pieces with your selfmade brick wall designs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but no. It just makes it simpler for me to just do maxis brick otherwise there would be way to many swatches or catalogue entries and it would drive me nuts.

      Delete
  6. Thank you! This is awesome, as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I have downloaded and installed the packages inside de folder without problems. But I only found in the game the decorative arches but not the "Pointless Renovation" in medium high :( Any help?

    Thank you and I love your work <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By default the game only shows the short wall height items, did you click on the other wall height icons to find the additional arches?

      Delete
  8. Hi Peacemaker. I play TS4on a MAC computer and by extension, CC Files do not need to be extracted. I have some of your custom content already installed ( Atwood Dining Table and Shaker Kitchen Counters) which works perfectly. But I have ​tried to no avail to install the Lofte Brick Wall Arches and they will not show up in game. I was wondering if you could shed some light on the issue? Thank you. You create beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no experience with Mac because with PC you need to extract everything that is not a script mod. Did you try extracting the archive to see if that works for you?

      Delete
  9. Achive files when downloaded on Mac download extracted already. All you have to do is download and place the package files. It may just not be Mac compatible, I'm not sure because I don't know anyone else who plays on Mac. It's interesting because like I already mentioned I have been able to use other content of yours. It's just a hit or miss. Thanks for responding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's a handy feature. All cc should be compatible as it is independent of the operating system. Bluebellflora has a blog that might be of sone help as she is a mac user and tries to help out with tips. I know she uses a lot of my cc too, so she may have a better idea of what could be going on. Her blog is https://bluebellflora.com and she is on tumblr too

      Delete